Monday, February 27, 2017

Gulf Presbyterian - watercolor

watercolor, 2016
available, 9"x12"

      This is a little sketch of a church not too far from my home, but done from a Google Maps Street View image. My biggest issues with this one is, of course, the trees, with which I'm never happy, and the small suggestion of a graveyard. I should have made that a bit more prominent. The shadows on the building could have gone a bit more cool or warm; it doesn't matter which. They just need to have some color. The red door color was a change from the original to add pop and an obvious focal point.

2 comments:

  1. I adore this painting! I agree that the red door drew my eyes right into the painting. I feel that you did a beautiful job on the trees and the cemetery. I love the church...it's beautiful~

    ReplyDelete