Thursday, February 9, 2017

53 Skylark - watercolor + ink

mixed, 2016
available, 9"x12"

      Not much to say about this one. Just another ink and wash classic car. I really like the graphic nature of Buick's old vertical grill. The ink on this one has a unique look because I used Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper instead of the smoother paper I normally use for inks. The paper texture made for a lot of skipping -- or micro-skipping -- in the ink line. I like the look a lot, but I'll probably stick to the smoother papers most of the time.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My dad had one just like this but with a white top. Interesting comment about the paper. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just gorgeous

    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. has got real character..route 66

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done - and I like the added texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully drawn. Great perspective...it really comes out of the page.

    ReplyDelete