Thursday, May 31, 2018

Margie - watercolor

watercolor, 2018
available, 8"x10"

     A quick portrait from an old black and white photo. I used my new favorite caucasian flesh mix of yellow ochre, DaVinci red (or any warm red), and cobalt blue. A bit of perylene maroon (or any cool red) is used in the middle shadows. It looks much better in person. The scan always tends to add a bit more yellow, which is difficult to fix without altering the other colors. I'm still working toward photographing all my paintings. Right now this is a content, if not happy, medium.

8 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!
    I used to have a dress like that. We called them "spaghetti strap dresses."
    If I had a photo of me in one of my dresses it would have been in black and white, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is exquisite--your artwork fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give. Thank you for posting your "recipe" for flesh color. I often struggle with that. :D

    ReplyDelete