Thursday, August 31, 2017

Angie #42 - watercolor

watercolor, 2017
nfs, 9"x12"

      I haven't posted a portrait of my beauty queen in a while. This one was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was going to be trash almost immediately after starting it on Fabriano Studio paper, which I have complained about a couple times before. But, a few adjustments to my normal painting method, a fair amount of loosening and I pulled out a portrait with which I'm very happy. It's loose and painterly, but realistic and accurate at the same time. It seems the unforgiving nature of this paper forced me to be more careful and purposeful in my strokes and paint application.

15 comments:

  1. beautiful portrait, you painted great!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toll gemalt, du kannst es !
    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Your talent for portraits is admirable...I struggle with human subjects as many people do. Your work is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well no matter what, paper, changing painting technique, whatever. It's stunning. What a beautiful woman to be able to stare at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on recognizing where you needed to go to finish the painting instead of dumping it! :)

    ReplyDelete