Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Angkor Wat Sunrise - watercolor

watercolor, 2016
available, 11"x15"

      In a previous post I said I wanted to stay away from Angkor Wat in Virtual Paintout's Cambodia month because it seemed like an obvious choice. But, of course, I still wanted to explore the site a little in case there were views I just couldn't pass up -- like this one.  Even more appropriate is the fact that the site opens extra early - 5 am - to allow tourists to catch the sunrise from the temple. Now, add to that the fact that I think I hit a loose, impressionist rendering of the scene spot on and I am as happy with this as I'm likely to get.

6 comments:

  1. really nice darks, great contrast in values :)

    I was going to paint this same shot, glad I didn't now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work Anthony-your way with watercolors is so impressive. happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lights and shadows. Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly captured the site. Your impression of this place is striking.

    ReplyDelete